On 24.06.24 02:34, Michael Paquier wrote:
On Sat, Jun 22, 2024 at 11:48:21AM -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
Peter Eisentraut <pe...@eisentraut.org> writes:
On 18.06.24 13:43, Ranier Vilela wrote:
I found another implementation of strsep, it seems lighter to me.
I will attach it for consideration, however, I have not done any testing.

Yeah, surely there are many possible implementations.  I'm thinking,
since we already took other str*() functions from OpenBSD, it makes
sense to do this here as well, so we have only one source to deal with.

Why not use strpbrk?  That's equally thread-safe, it's been there
since C89, and it doesn't have the problem that you can't find out
which of the delimiter characters was found.

Yeah, strpbrk() has been used in the tree as far as 2003 without any
port/ implementation.

The existing uses of strpbrk() are really just checking whether some characters exist in a string, more like an enhanced strchr(). I don't see any uses for tokenizing a string like strtok() or strsep() would do. I think that would look quite cumbersome. So I think a simpler and more convenient abstraction like strsep() would still be worthwhile.