On 28.08.24 20:50, Peter Eisentraut wrote:
I suggest that the simplification of the xlocale.h configure tests could be committed separately.  This would also be useful independent of this, and it's a sizeable chunk of this patch.

To keep this moving along a bit, I have extracted this part and committed it separately. I had to make a few small tweaks, e.g., there was no check for xlocale.h in configure.ac, and the old xlocale.h-including stanza could be removed from chklocale.h. Let's see how this goes.