On Wed, Sep 30, 2026 at 6:53 PM Nisha Moond <[email protected]> wrote: > > >> I think there may be some misunderstanding about what the > >> replica_identity_full column actually stores. This question was also > >> raised earlier; please see [1] and the discussion that followed. This > >> field indicates the subscriber’s actual search method. > > > > > > Thank you for clarifying the intended design and also the pointer to the > > old thread. > > > > I understand now that the intention for `replica_identity_full` is to > > indicate whether the conflicting row was located via a specific replica key > > index (`false`) versus a full-tuple search (`true`), rather than reflecting > > the DDL catalog property (pg_class.relreplident). > > > > I think the docs can be improved to avoid this confusion, as Vignesh > also suggested earlier in [1]. How about updating it to: > "Indicates whether the conflicting local row was located using the > full tuple (true) or the replica identity key of the local table > (false)." > > Let me know if this works for you.
+1 thanks Shveta
