Hi Amit,

On 3/26/19 2:06 AM, Amit Langote wrote:
Wouldn't you get the same numbers on HEAD too?  IOW, I'm not sure how the
patch here, which seems mostly about getting DDL in order to support
foreign keys on partitioned tables, would have affected the result of this
benchmark.  Can you clarify your intention of running this benchmark
against these patches?

Yeah, you are right. As I'm also seeing this issue with a test case of

-- ddl.sql --
CREATE TABLE t1 (i1 INT PRIMARY KEY, i2 INT NOT NULL) PARTITION BY HASH (i1);
CREATE TABLE t2 (i1 INT PRIMARY KEY, i2 INT NOT NULL);

\o /dev/null
SELECT 'CREATE TABLE t1_p' || x::text || ' PARTITION OF t1
FOR VALUES WITH (MODULUS 64, REMAINDER ' || x::text || ');'
from generate_series(0,63) x;
\gexec
\o

ALTER TABLE t1 ADD CONSTRAINT fk_t1_i2_t2_i1 FOREIGN KEY (i2) REFERENCES t2(i1);

ANALYZE;

we shouldn't focus on it in this thread.

Best regards,
 Jesper