On Sat, Jun 22, 2019 at 3:15 PM Floris Van Nee <florisvan...@optiver.com> wrote:
> Perhaps a question: when stepping through code in GDB, is there an easy way
> to pretty print for example the contents on an IndexTuple? I saw there's some
> tools out there that can pretty print plans, but viewing tuples is more
> complicated I guess.

Try the attached patch -- it has DEBUG1 traces with the contents of
index tuples from key points during index scans, allowing you to see
what's going on both as a B-Tree is descended, and as a range scan is
performed. It also shows details of the insertion scankey that is set
up within _bt_first(). This hasn't been adopted to the patch at all,
so you'll probably need to do that.

The patch should be considered a very rough hack, for now. It leaks
memory like crazy. But I think that you'll find it helpful.

--
Peter Geoghegan