Hi there,

I am potentially interested in the performance farm project listed here:
https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/GSoC_2020#Develop_Performance_Farm_Benchmarks_and_Website_.282020.29

I've applied to the pgperffarm mailing list as well, but am waiting for
moderator approval so I thought this list would be the best to ask about
the performance farm code.

Here are the questions based on the
https://git.postgresql.org/gitweb/?p=pgperffarm.git;a=summary repo:

   - Why is a front end framework used instead of django templates?
   - Any reason why the server hasn't been containerized?
   - Django 1.11 will no longer be supported in April 2020, is it time to
   move to 2.2 LTS? (
   https://www.djangoproject.com/download/#supported-versions)
   - What have been the issues with authentication integration to
   postgresql.org?
   - Should the client be turned into a package for package managers (e.g.
   pypi, DPKG, brew, etc.)?
   - The project description mentions refactoring to Python 3, but it seems
   like that was completed last GSoC?
   - Should the performance visualizations be added again?

I've also looked at past mailing lists for this project, but am interested
in hearing current insights from the community:

   -

https://www.postgresql-archive.org/GSoC-2019-report-amp-feedback-td6100606.html
   -

https://www.postgresql-archive.org/GSoC-2019-Proposal-Develop-Performance-Farm-Database-and-Website-td6079058.html