On Wed, Jun 17, 2020 at 4:15 PM Andrew Dunstan <
andrew.duns...@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:

> On 6/17/20 6:32 AM, Magnus Hagander wrote:
> >

> > In looking at this I realize we also have exactly one thing referred
> > to as "blacklist" in our codebase, which is the "enum blacklist" (and
> > then a small internal variable in pgindent). AFAICT, it's not actually
> > exposed to userspace anywhere, so we could probably make the attached
> > change to blocklist at no "cost" (the only thing changed is the name
> > of the hash table, and we definitely change things like that in normal
> > releases with no specific thought on backwards compat).
> >

> I'm not sure I like doing s/Black/Block/ here. It reads oddly. There are
> too many other uses of Block in the sources. Forbidden might be a better
> substitution, or Banned maybe. BanList is even less characters than
> BlackList.
>

> I know, bikeshedding here.

I'd be OK with either of those really -- I went with block because it was
the easiest one :)

Not sure the number of characters is the important part :) Banlist does
make sense to me for other reasons though -- it's what it is, isn't it? It
bans those oids from being used in the current session -- I don't think
there's any struggle to "make that sentence work", which means that seems
like the relevant term.

I do think it's worth doing -- it's a small round of changes, and it
doesn't change anything user-exposed, so the cost for us is basically zero.

--
 Magnus Hagander