On 7/1/20 10:54 AM, Alvaro Herrera wrote:
On 2020-Jul-01, Fujii Masao wrote:

On 2020/07/01 12:26, Alvaro Herrera wrote:
On 2020-Jun-30, Fujii Masao wrote:

When I talked about max_slot_wal_keep_size as new feature in v13
at the conference, I received the question like "Why are the units of
setting values in max_slot_wal_keep_size and wal_keep_segments different?"
from audience. That difference looks confusing for users and
IMO it's better to use the same unit for them. Thought?

Do we still need wal_keep_segments for anything?

Yeah, personally I like wal_keep_segments because its setting is very
simple and no extra operations on replication slots are necessary.

Okay.  In that case I +1 the idea of renaming to wal_keep_size.

+1 for renaming to wal_keep_size.

--
-David
da...@pgmasters.net