On 2020-09-01 13:12, Justin Pryzby wrote:
This patch seems to be missing a call to RelationAssumeNewRelfilenode() in
reindex_index().

That's maybe the related to the cause of the crashes I pointed out earlier this
year.

Alexey's v4 patch changed RelationSetNewRelfilenode() to accept a tablespace parameter, but Michael seemed to object to that. However that seems cleaner
and ~30 line shorter.

Michael, would you comment on that ? The v4 patch and your comments are here.
https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/attachment/105574/v4-0001-Allow-REINDEX-and-REINDEX-CONCURRENTLY-to-change-tablespace.patch
https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/20191127035416.GG5435%40paquier.xyz

Actually, the last time we discussed this point I only got the gut feeling that this is a subtle place and it is very easy to break things with these changes. However, it isn't clear for me how exactly. That way, I'd be glad if Michael could reword his explanation, so it'd more clear for me as well.

BTW, I've started doing a review of the last patch set yesterday and will try to post some comments later.

Regards
--
Alexey Kondratov

Postgres Professional https://www.postgrespro.com