On 2020-09-20 05:41, Michael Paquier wrote:
On Fri, Sep 18, 2020 at 05:22:15PM +0900, Michael Paquier wrote:
Okay, after looking at that, here is v3.  This includes range checks
as well as errno checks based on strtol().  What do you think?

This fails in the CF bot on Linux because of pg_logging_init()
returning with errno=ENOTTY in the TAP tests, for which I began a new
thread:
https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/20200918095713.ga20...@paquier.xyz

Not sure if this will lead anywhere, but we can also address the
failure by enforcing errno=0 for the new calls of strtol() introduced
in this patch.  So here is an updated patch doing so.

I think the error checking is now structurally correct in this patch.

However, I still think the integer type use is a bit inconsistent. In both cases, using strtoul() and dealing with unsigned integer types between parsing and final use would be more consistent.