On 2020-11-11 06:59, Tom Lane wrote:
Alexey Kondratov <a.kondra...@postgrespro.ru> writes:
After looking on the autoprewarm code more closely I have realised that
this 'double dump' issues was not an issues at all. I have just
misplaced a debug elog(), so its second output in the log was only
indicating that we calculated delay_in_ms one more time.

Ah --- that explains why I couldn't see a problem.

I've pushed 0001+0002 plus some followup work to fix other places
that could usefully use TimestampDifferenceMilliseconds().  I have
not done anything with 0003 (the TAP test for pg_prewarm), and will
leave that to the judgment of somebody who's worked with pg_prewarm
before.  To me it looks like it's not really testing things very
carefully at all; on the other hand, we have exactly zero test
coverage of that module today, so maybe something is better than
nothing.

Great, thank you for generalisation of the issue and working on it.

Regards
--
Alexey Kondratov

Postgres Professional https://www.postgrespro.com