On 01-01-2021 19:55, Zhihong Yu wrote:
Hi, Luc:
Happy New Year.

Looking at BufferAllocExtend() in v1-0002-WIP-buffer-alloc-specialized-for-relation-extensi.patch. it seems there is duplicate code with the existing BufferAlloc().

It would be good if some refactoring is done by extracting common code into a helper function.

Thanks

Hi,

Thanks! Happy new year to you too!

Thanks for your suggestion. I would wait a bit and first get some feedback on the design/approach of my patches before doing the refactoring. The current code is very much a WIP where I just copied functions to be able to make specialized variants of them aimed at bulk extension and then benchmark those. If the refactoring needs to be done before I can get feedback on the design / approach then let me know.

Kind regards,
Luc