> On Mar 15, 2021, at 9:52 AM, Julien Rouhaud <rjuju...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> But there are also the tests in collate.icu.utf8.out which will fake outdated
> collations (that's the original tests for the collation tracking patches) and
> then check that outdated indexes are reindexed with both REINDEX and REINDEX
> (OUDATED).
>
> So I think that all cases are covered.  Do you want to have more test cases?

I thought that just checked cases where a bogus 'not a version' was put into
pg_catalog.pg_depend.  I'm talking about having a collation provider who
returns a different version string and has genuinely different collation rules
between versions, thereby breaking the index until it is updated.  Is that
being tested?

—
Mark Dilger
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company