On Fri, Mar 19, 2021 at 10:19:49PM +0100, Tomas Vondra wrote:
> On 3/19/21 9:40 PM, Andres Freund wrote:
> > On 2021-03-19 17:35:58 -0300, Alvaro Herrera wrote:
> >> I find this behavior confusing; I'd rather have configure error out if
> >> it can't find the package support I requested, than continuing with a
> >> set of configure options different from what I gave.
> >
> > +1
>
> Yeah. And why does it even require pkg-config, unlike any other library
> that I'm aware of?

The discussion regarding pkg-config started here.
https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/20210309071655.GL2021%40telsasoft.com

I sent a patch adding it to allow the macos CI to build  --with-lz4.
Since LZ4 was only recently installed on the CI environments, it's possible
that's not the ideal way to do it.

--
Justin