V3 works for me and looks ok. I changed it to ready in the CF app.

Thank you for your review!

Unfortunately it seems cfbot is not happy with the patch.

Argh. Indeed, I did not thought of testing on a partitioned table:-( ISTM I did "make check" in pgbench to trigger tap tests, but possibly it was in a dream:-(

The feature is a little disappointing because if someone has partition tables then probably they have a lot of data and probably they would like freeze to work there. Maybe freeze would work on table partitions themselves, but I do not think it is worth the effort to do that.

About v4 there is a typo in the doc "portioning":

     <command>pgbench</command> uses FREEZE option with 14 or later
     version of <productname>PostgreSQL</productname> to speed up
     subsequent <command>VACUUM</command> if portioning option is not
     specified.

I'd suggest:

     <command>pgbench</command> uses the FREEZE option with 14 or later
     version of <productname>PostgreSQL</productname> to speed up
     subsequent <command>VACUUM</command>, unless partitions are enabled.

--
Fabien.