On 2021/04/23 18:46, Magnus Hagander wrote:
On Fri, Apr 23, 2021 at 9:10 AM Fujii Masao <masao.fu...@oss.nttdata.com> wrote:

On 2021/04/22 18:23, Julien Rouhaud wrote:
On Thu, Apr 22, 2021 at 12:28:11AM +0900, Fujii Masao wrote:

I found another small issue in pg_stat_statements docs. The following
description in the docs should be updated so that toplevel is included?

This view contains one row for each distinct database ID, user ID and query ID

Indeed!  I'm adding Magnus in Cc.

PFA a patch to fix at, and also mention that toplevel will only
contain True values if pg_stat_statements.track is set to top.

Thanks for the patch! LGTM.

Agreed, in general. But going by the example a few lines down, I
changed the second part to:
         True if the query was executed as a top level statement
+       (if <varname>pg_stat_statements.track</varname> is set to
+       <literal>all</literal>, otherwise always false)

Isn't this confusing? Users may mistakenly read this as that the toplevel
column always indicates false if pg_stat_statements.track is not "all".

(changes the wording, but also the name of the parameter is
pg_stat_statements.track, not pg_stat_statements.toplevel (that's the
column, not the parameter). Same error in the commit msg except there
you called it pg_stat_statements.top - but that one needed some more
fix as well)

With those changes, applied. Thanks!

Thanks!

Fujii Masao