On 8/5/21 11:27 AM, Michael Banck wrote:
On Tue, Aug 03, 2021 at 11:55:50AM -0400, Bruce Momjian wrote:
On Tue, Aug  3, 2021 at 04:53:40PM +0100, Simon Riggs wrote:
There are 273 patches in the queue for the Sept Commitfest already, so
it seems clear the queue is not being cleared down each CF as it was
before. We've been trying hard, but it's overflowing.

I wonder if our lack of in-person developer meetings is causing some of
our issues to not get closed.

Well, or the lack of virtual developer meetings? Sure, in-person
meetings are difficult now, but OTOH virtual meetings are very common
these days and maybe could be tried as quarterly developer meetings or
so and have the advantage that, modulo timezone problems, every
(invited) developer could attend.

I'm quite tired of virtual meetings, but I agree the lack of meetings is noticeable so maybe we should give it a try. In fact, we'll probably need to do that anyway, because even if there's an in-person meeting early next year the in-person participation is likely to be limited.

regards

--
Tomas Vondra
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company