On Sun, 4 Nov 2007, Stefan Kaltenbrunner wrote:

I never got the database tests in SysBench to produce useful results
[because of deadlocks]

hmm I have not seen that and the recent freebsd related scalability
benchmarks(http://people.freebsd.org/~kris/scaling/)  seem to indicate
that it seems to work quite well at least for some stuff.

After digesting those, I note that the FreeBSD tests were using --oltp-read-only which doesn't do any database writes--so no ROW EXCLUSIVE locks either. I was using things like the "complex" setting, and it was the UPDATE statements in there that didn't work right when I last tested.

--
* Greg Smith [EMAIL PROTECTED] http://www.gregsmith.com Baltimore, MD