Alvaro Herrera wrote:
On Wed, Dec 19, 2007 at 01:09:39PM +0000, Gregory Stark wrote:

If I were the list maintainer here I would ban infotecnica.com.br addresses
from subscribing to any of our lists. Ideally with a message saying "as a
result of misconfigured mail software addreses from infotecnica.com.br are
banned from pgsql mailing lists. Please contact your postmaster to request
they fix the problems"

Right.  Problem is, I checked and I found no infotecnica.com.br
addresses subscribed to pgsql-hackers.

Are you sure it was mail from -hackers that caused the problem?  I have
seen the bounce myself but never made much of it (even though I agreed
it was quite broken).

It could be via some mail <-> news or list <-> list gateway.

cheers

andrew

TIP 2: Don't 'kill -9' the postmaster