Magnus Hagander <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
> Updated version attached. Comments on the wording of the messages are also
> welcome ;-)

Well, since you asked ;-) ... I don't particularly like this.

1. Doesn't distinguish SHARING_VIOLATION from LOCK_VIOLATION.
We might want to know that.

2. Do we really want this to be WARNING?  LOG seems a better idea,
since it's not warning about anything the client app did wrong.

3. Doesn't follow the message style guide: shoehorning two sentences
into errmsg() is surely not compliant.  Perhaps

        errmsg: could not open file \"%s\": sharing violation
        OR errmsg: could not open file \"%s\": lock violation

        errdetail: Continuing to retry for up to 30 seconds.

        errhint: OK as you have it.

                http://www.postgresql.org/about/donate