On Sat, 29 Dec 2007, Joshua D. Drake wrote:

http://code.google.com/p/sepgsql/
???

Getting that to work required some obtrusive changes to the source code, which they've only done to 8.2.4. Even that doesn't seem to be production-quality and it's not clear how that will make its way into newer versions yet.

The job here is to work on the SELinux policies for PostgreSQL. You can't just re-use whatever work has gone into the SE-PostgreSQL ones, because those presume you're using their modified server instead of the regular one.

I started collecting notes and writing a PostgreSQL/SELinux how-to aimed at RHEL 5.0+ but I'm not doing work in that area anymore. On reflection I might just release what I did so far to the developer's wiki and see if anybody else fills in the missing pieces. But unless there's somebody else with a burning need to work on this area I doubt that will happen--there's nothing about SELinux that anybody does just for fun.

--
* Greg Smith [EMAIL PROTECTED] http://www.gregsmith.com Baltimore, MD

      match