Tom Lane wrote:
Magnus Hagander <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
Could we dump it when it's non-default only? That way the people that *have* set a custom comment on it will still get it restored, just a failure in this case. The majority of people who *haven't* set a comment will not have the problem at all.

The patch seems ugly enough without wiring in knowledge of what the
standard comment is :-(

I guess...

We don't dump non-default comments on other system objects either,
so I don't think it's out of line to suppress the one on schema public.

The distinction then is if "public" is actually a system object. I would've considered it a non-system object, just that it happens to be created by default.

Anyway. I don't see it as a big point - as long as we make sure it's documented in some way somewhere. I doubt any application would actually fail or have any kind of real problems because we miss the comment on the public schema.

//Magnus

               http://www.postgresql.org/about/donate