Tom Lane wrote:
Magnus Hagander <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
Tom Lane wrote:
We don't dump non-default comments on other system objects either,
so I don't think it's out of line to suppress the one on schema public.

The distinction then is if "public" is actually a system object.

Yeah, it's a borderline case, which is exactly why we're having trouble
with it ...

What do you think of Kris' idea of just removing the default comment?

That'll work for new databases, but as you say it will not work for older once since the comment will just be carried along with them. That said, removing the default comment might be a good idea anyway, because it's not like it's actually adding any value...

//Magnus