I said...
> On Windows XP, using Process Explorer with the lower pane
> showing Handles, not all postgres.exe processes are including
> an "Event" type with a description of what the process is doing.

I've had difficulty reproducing this, but I now suspect that it is only
happening when running both v8.2 and v8.3rc1 at once, and I think it is the
second started that is missing the process descriptions.

Regards,
Stephen Denne.

Disclaimer:
At the Datamail Group we value team commitment, respect, achievement, customer
focus, and courage. This email with any attachments is confidential and may be
subject to legal privilege.  If it is not intended for you please advise by
reply immediately, destroy it and do not copy, disclose or use it in any way.

  This email has been scanned by the DMZGlobal Business Quality
              Electronic Messaging Suite.
Please see http://www.dmzglobal.com/services/bqem.htm for details.