On Feb 6, 2008 3:57 PM, Andrew Dunstan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I would like to see this tied down some more. The time for the commit
> fests is too open ended. I think we should say something like "All
> commit fests will run no more than two weeks, except for the final
> commit fest which can run for one month."

I think thats one of the problems - without knowing what patches are
going to come in, or how many there will be, we have no way of knowing
how long each fest will take. What this does mean though is that we
continuously feedback to developers and keep the patch queue down -
kinda like checkpoint smoothing I guess.

/D

                http://www.postgresql.org/about/donate