Dave Page wrote:
On Feb 6, 2008 4:24 PM, Andrew Dunstan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

I would rather set a target and modify it if necessary based on
experience than have none at all.

The danger of not doing so is that we'll be in almost constant 'commit
fest' mode.

Yes, that is something we discussed, and the reason why we used the
wording 'proposed timetable for the cycle'. We will adjust the timing
if need be, but wanted to start out on a confident note :-)

Sometimes I wish we could decide if we want to be wishy or washy ;-)

cheers

andrew

              http://www.postgresql.org/docs/faq