Jan,

the problem is known and well requested. From your promotion it's not
clear what's an idea ?

Oleg
On Tue, 4 Mar 2008, Jan Urbaski wrote:

Tom Lane wrote:
=?UTF-8?B?SmFuIFVyYmHFhHNraQ==?= <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
2. Implement better selectivity estimates for FTS.

+1 for that one ...

OK, this one might very well be the one that'd be more useful. And I can always reuse the other idea for my thesis, after expanding it a bit. Speaking of @@ selectivity, I even mailed about it once on the -performance list, but the mail somehow got lost in the processing queue and never reached the list. Anyway, the idea has been on my mind for some time now. So are you considering putting FTS selectivity estimates on this year's SoC ideas list? That is, if PostgreSQL is planning to participate in SoC this year, which I'm sure it does ;)

cheers,
Jan Urbanski

        Regards,
                Oleg