Joshua D. Drake wrote:
On Thu, 10 Apr 2008 10:45:25 -0400
Tom Lane <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Alvaro Herrera <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
Question for plperl hackers:  Should we remove the mention of
DBD::PgSPI from the PL/Perl manual?
It seems like a reasonable suggestion to me, since perl database users
probably already know DBD and don't have to learn something new if
they go that way.

Possibly the text should be reworded, with the mention of DBD::PgSPI
put somewhere else or stuck into a <note> or something.

From what I can see on CPAN (unless I am missing something) DBD::PgSPI
hasn't been updated since 2004 and is at version 0.2.

http://www.cpan.org/modules/by-module/DBD/

I think it can safely be removed in entirety from our manuals.

+1. It's also GNU licensed, so we can't include it. A clean room BSD licensed implementation would be a nice addition, but it really doesn't buy you much in functionality that you don't already have.

cheers

andrew