Tom Lane wrote:
Heikki Linnakangas <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
Tom Lane wrote:
ISTM that we must fix the bgwriter so that ForgetDatabaseFsyncRequests
causes PendingUnlinkEntrys for the doomed DB to be thrown away too.

Because of the asynchronous nature of ForgetDatabaseFsyncRequests, this still isn't enough, I'm afraid.

Hm.  I notice that there is no bug on Windows because dropdb forces a
checkpoint before it starts to remove files.  Maybe the sanest solution
is to just do that on all platforms.

IIRC we did that to avoid an unlink problem :-)

I certainly don't see any particular reason not to do it everywhere.

cheers

andrew