Tom Lane wrote:
Heikki Linnakangas <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
Patch attached that does the three changes we've talked about:'
- make ForgetDatabaseFsyncRequests forget unlink requests as well
- make rmtree() not fail on ENOENT
- force checkpoint on in dropdb on all platforms

This looks fine as far as it goes

Ok, committed.

but I'm still thinking it's a bad
idea for rmtree() to fall over on the first failure.  I propose that it
ought to keep trying to delete the rest of the target directory tree.
Otherwise, one permissions problem (for example) could lead to most
of a dropped database not getting freed up,

If there aren't objections, I'll make that happen after Heikki applies
his patch.

Agreed. Be my guest.

--
  Heikki Linnakangas