Gregory Stark wrote:
But if we're still doing object file analysis on the build farm and it's easy
to add typedefs manually then perhaps there's not much effort saved by having
such a tool. I think it would be possible to write but it wouldn't really be
easy. You have to parse just enough C to find the typedef but not so much you
get confused by invalid C syntax caused by looking at both sides of #ifdef
branches.

I am pretty dead sure that a textual analysis tool is going to be far too much work to write and maintain, for the benefit we might get from it.

cheers

andrew