Andrew Dunstan napsal(a):

Peter Eisentraut wrote:
Am Montag, 21. April 2008 schrieb Martijn van Oosterhout:
I wonder if it would be feasable to, whenever a regression test fails
to sort both files and compare again. This should tell you if the
difference are *only* rearrangement automatically, without having to
eyeball the output.

That sounds like it should be worth a try.

I think we need first to identify cases where we don't care that much about output order. Teaching pg-regress the new check shouldn't be very hard.

It seems to me only ORDER BY clauses must return sort order. Or are there any other cases?

                Zdenek