Simon Riggs <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
> I don't see the "returns index keys" idea as being killed by or killing
> this concept. Returning keys is valid and useful when we can, but there
> are other considerations that, in some use cases, will be a dominant
> factor.

The patch as-submitted was a killer for the concept, because it
automatically discarded information and there was no way to prevent
that.  To be acceptable, a GIT patch would have to be optional and it
would have to expose in the catalogs whether a given index was lossy
in this way or not (so that the planner could know whether a plan based
on returning index keys would work).