Joshua D. Drake wrote:
On Thu, 2008-05-29 at 17:42 -0400, Robert Treat wrote:

I would have thought the read only piece would have been more important than the synchronous piece. In my experience readable slaves is the big selling point in both Oracle and MySQL's implementations, and people are not nearly as concerned if there is a small asynchronous window.

The read only piece is the more important piece from a market
perspective.

You must be gauging a different market from the one I'm in. I have just come back from a meeting with a (quite technically savvy) customer who was quite excited by the news and saw the possibility of read-only slaves as a nice to have extra rather than a must-have-or-it's-not-worth anything feature.

I'm really quite astounded and rather saddened by the waves of negativity I have seen today.

cheers

andrew