Pavel Stehule wrote:
Hello all,

session variables are missing feature long time. Currently nobody
works on package or SQL/PSM module implementation so there is some
gap.Currently best know solution are session variables based on plper
hash tables or Joe Conway's C implementation.

I propose include Joe's code into contrib set
http://www.joeconway.com/sessfunc.tar.gz It's important mainly for
window's users, that has problems with own compilation.

Objections?

The URL fails, so I can't comment on Joe's work. But I seriously doubt that any contrib module is really the right way to go about doing session variables. If we're going to have them then they need to be properly builtin, and available to all PLs.

cheers

andrew