Bruce Momjian writes:

> > That was me.  The point, however, was, given object id 145928, how the
> > heck to you know what table this comes from?
>
> I think we will need the relid of the system table.  I imagine four
> columns:
>
>       object relid
>       object oid
>       reference relid
>       references oid

I'm not seeing the point.  You're essentially duplicating the information
that's already available in the system catalogs.  This is bound to become
a catastrophe the minute a user steps in and does manual surgery on some
catalog.  (And yes, manual surgery should still be possible.)

--
Peter Eisentraut   [EMAIL PROTECTED]   http://funkturm.homeip.net/~peter