Zdenek Kotala wrote:
It is what I don't know. controlfile only says "incorrect checksum in control file". It seems to me that CRC computing does not work correctly. I check pg_control footprint and it is same for 32/64. It seems to me a false positive complain, but ...

Endianness perhaps? Per comment in ControlFileData:

         * This data is used to check for hardware-architecture compatibility of
         * the database and the backend executable.  We need not check
endianness
         * explicitly, since the pg_control version will surely look wrong to a
         * machine of different endianness, but we do need to worry about
MAXALIGN
         * and floating-point format.  (Note: storage layout nominally also
         * depends on SHORTALIGN and INTALIGN, but in practice these are the
same
         * on all architectures of interest.)

Footprint switch should help show you why it is incompatible and also protect you during development to break some structure.

Apparently the footprint switch didn't provide any insight into the Sparc 32/64-bit issue, so I'm not too impressed..

--
  Heikki Linnakangas