Michelle Caisse wrote:
Thanks, I'll take a look at these issues.

I have committed your patch with some rework that mainly addresses the concerns also found by Alvaro with regard to cleaning and dependency handling. I have renamed the out target to coverage-html, to be more in line with our other targets. So the workflow is now

./configure --enable-coverage
make
make check
make coverage-html
$BROWSER coverage/index.html

There are a couple of platform-specific problems that I have come across:

* Linux (Debian) works OK
* FreeBSD build fails, apparently because libgcov.a was not compiled with -fPIC * Mac OS X builds and runs OK but the server does not shut down in finite time at the end of the regression tests; it has to be killed manually.

I have uploaded an example run here: http://developer.postgresql.org/~petere/coverage/

Current test coverage is about 66% overall.