Joshua Drake wrote:
On Fri, 19 Sep 2008 23:01:15 +0200
"Gevik Babakhani" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Unless I am very off. C++ is a natural choice when porting
(upgrading) ANSI C application.
As far as I know, most universities teach some sort of OO programming
language like JAVA or C# to help students understand OO programming.
I understand that C++ is less popular but JAVA/C# would be the wrong
choice for this.

I think the better question about all of this is:

What is the problem we are trying to solve?

Providing solutions that are looking for problems doesn't help us.

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake

fixing something that isn't broken is never a good idea. I see no advantage switching to c++. Joshua is correct, what are you trying to do that would require c++? If its OO design, well you don't need an OO language for that.

C isn't going anywhere anytime soon. Look at its history, it has survived its 'replacements' over and over again. The most popular kernels, shells and applications are all still written in C (new and old). Where are the warning signs that it is dwindling?

--
Andrew Chernow
eSilo, LLC