Bruce Momjian wrote:
Robert Haas wrote:
I think the answer is yes, because (as others have said) if we ever want
to have SQL-level per-row permissions, then we can implement them with
no change to the patch currently in discussion.
If that's true, it weighs somewhat in favor of accepting this patch,
but how sure are we that it's really the case?  If you only have one
implementation sitting on top of your abstraction layer, it's hard to
know whether you've implemented a general framework for doing X or
merely an interface that happens to suit the particular flavor of X
that you want to do today.

Yes, that is my point, and SE-Linux is just Linux, meaning it is
OS-specific, making it even less generally useful.

I believe the upcomig "fine-grained security" patch enables to make
clear the security framework is NOT specific for SELinux only.

Thanks,
--
OSS Platform Development Division, NEC
KaiGai Kohei <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>