Peter Eisentraut wrote:
> Aidan Van Dyk wrote:
> > * Robert Haas <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [080924 00:15]:
> >
> >>                                                       But I do think
> >> it's worthwhile to ask whether it makes sense to introduce a bunch of
> >> features that are only usable to people running SELinux.
> >
> > Actually, I'ld go one stroke farther, and ask:
> >   Does it make sense to introduce a bunch of features that are only
> >   usable to people *able to write proper SELinux policy sets* (or whatever
> >   they are called).
>
> I consider this a valid concern, but given that some people want MAC and
> no one has shown a better way to implement MAC than SELinux, you can
> hardly use that as an objection against this particular patch.

Peter, I am confused how the above statement relates to a posting you
made a week ago:

        http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-hackers/2008-09/msg01067.php

        Now these items are arguably useful and welcome features in their own
        right. Unfortunately, this patch has chosen to provide these features in
        a way that makes them accessible to the least amount of users. And
        moreover, it bunches them all in one feature, while they should really
        be available independently.

--
  Bruce Momjian  <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>        http://momjian.us