Bruce Momjian <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
> New TODO entries are:
>       * Add queue of backends waiting for spinlock

I already see:

* Create spinlock sleepers queue so everyone doesn't wake up at once

BTW, I agree with Vadim's opinion that we should add a new type of lock
(intermediate between spinlocks and lockmanager locks) rather than try
to add new semantics onto spinlocks.  For example, it'd be very nice to
distinguish read-only and read-write access in this new kind of lock,
but we can't expect spinlocks to be able to do that.

http://www.postgresql.org/search.mpl