On Mon, 6 Oct 2008, Tom Lane wrote:

Fine with me, but let's be sure this doesn't slide off the radar screen.
If we forget about it and release 8.4 with the current definition of the
column, it'll be too late to change it.

Agreed and understood. I hope to have some basic postgresql.conf tuning tools packaged by the time 8.4 is released, and everything needed to sort out the server-side of that is in my critical path for things that need to happen before November 1. text[] is my preferred format for some other things I'm working on, so anything that uses that for a list instead of a string I have to parse is a long-term win.

--
* Greg Smith [EMAIL PROTECTED] http://www.gregsmith.com Baltimore, MD