On 23 okt 2008, at 00.48, Alvaro Herrera <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Josh Berkus wrote:
Hackers,

Just had a feature request from Wheeler, and I don't see why it shouldn't
go on our todo list.

I think you're asking for more scriptability in psql.  Personally I
think that would be a great idea, but we need a lot more than what's
being proposed here.  We'll also need loops, conditionals, etc.  We've
had patches for those submitted over the years, but one at a time they
are easily rejected because they're so

If you want full scripting, look at pgscript, one of this summers gsoc projects. It'll ship in the next pgadmin and is also available as a standalone executable.

/Magnus