"Jonah H. Harris" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
> While looking to add some functionality to PL/pgSQL, I found that the
> rfno member of the PLpgSQL_recfield structure is unused.  This patch
> is just a cleanup

No, that'd be wrong.  Note here:

/*
 * PLpgSQL_datum is the common supertype for PLpgSQL_expr, PLpgSQL_var,
 * PLpgSQL_row, PLpgSQL_rec, PLpgSQL_recfield, PLpgSQL_arrayelem, and
 * PLpgSQL_trigarg
 */
typedef struct
{                                /* Generic datum array item        */
    int            dtype;
    int            dno;
} PLpgSQL_datum;

I am not real sure why the code is inconsistent about spelling the
second field's name differently in some of the structs, but it seems
like a bad idea --- as you've demonstrated, it invites confusion.
What would probably be better is a patch to rename exprno, rfno, etc
to all be called dno to make this connection more obvious.