Brendan Jurd wrote:
On Wed, Nov 12, 2008 at 5:32 AM, Ron Mayer
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Brendan Jurd wrote:
 * AdjustFractionalSeconds => AdjustFractSeconds
 * AdjustFractionalDays => AdjustFractDays
Otherwise many lines were over 80 chars long.
And it happened often enough I thought the shorter name
was less ugly than splitting the arguments in many of the
places where it's called.

Fair enough.  I don't have a strong opinion about that.

Cool.   If anyone does have an opinion on that, let me know
and I can change it whichever way people prefer.

There are some very large-scale changes to the regression tests.  ...
Previously, much (but IIRC not quite all) of the interval output stuff
rounded to the hundredths place regardless of how many significant digits
there were.

I understood about the rounding issues.  I was a bit confused by the
fact that the patch shows differences for an entire table of results
from the horology test, but I've just now realised that the whole
table is different because changing the output precision in some of
the rows has altered the column width.

Makes me wonder whether an unaligned psql output format would be a
better choice for the regression tests.  It would certainly make for
clearer diffs.  But that's a tangent for another email.

Yeah.  And that's what made the patch so big I had to gzip it.

I don't have any further gripes regarding this patch, apart from the
code style stuff I sent through in my previous post.  Did you have any
response to those?

Yup - you were right again.
Applied them and updated the website and attaching the patch.

I wonder what's the best way for myself to get out of those habits
in the future?  Some lint flags or similar?