On Sun, 30 Nov 2008, Greg Smith wrote:

Memory detection works on recent (>=2.5) version of Python for Windows now.

I just realized that the provided configuration is really not optimal for Windows users because of the known limitations that prevent larger shared_buffers settings from being effective on that platform. I know there are some notes on that subject in the archives that I'll look though, but I'd appreciate a suggestion for what a good upper-limit for that setting is on Windows. I also wonder whether any of the other parameters have similar restrictions on their useful range.

--
* Greg Smith [EMAIL PROTECTED] http://www.gregsmith.com Baltimore, MD