On Thu, 4 Dec 2008, Kevin Grittner wrote:

I think there needs to be some easy way to choose an option which
yields a configuration similar to what we've had in recent production
releases -- something that will start up and allow minimal testing on
even a small machine.

But that's the goal of what comes out of initdb already; I'm missing how that is something this script would even get involved in. Is your suggestion to add support for a minimal target that takes a tuned-up configuration file and returns it to that state, or did you have something else in mind?

--
* Greg Smith [EMAIL PROTECTED] http://www.gregsmith.com Baltimore, MD