Kurt Harriman wrote:
The foremost opposing argument seems to have been that there
should be no attempt to alleviate the existing reserved word
problem without automatic enforcement to guarantee that never
in the future can new occurrences be introduced.
Is there anything in the source that would necessarily preclude using the
C++ compiler to build *all* the code?

I'd guess that this would be quite a big patch to do this in any places
where we have implicit conversions from void* to char* etc, but
the result is valid as C and C++ and arguably better documented.

C++ is picky about a few things you can do in C, but most of them
are things I'd rather not do anyway.

Run such a build on the build farm each night, and it will be obvious as
soon as C++-unfriendly code sneaks in.

And who know, maybe eventually we could use C++ properly in the
code.

James