Fujii Masao wrote:
Hi,

On Mon, Dec 8, 2008 at 11:39 PM, Heikki Linnakangas
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Tom Lane wrote:
Heikki Linnakangas <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
To set or clear the flag from PGPROC, to send or handle a signal, we have
to acquire ProcArrayLock. Is that safe to do in a signal handler?
No.  If it's trying to do that then it's broken.  In fact, if it's
trying to do much of anything beyond setting a "volatile" flag variable
in a signal handler, it's broken --- unless there are special provisions
to limit where the signal trap can occur, which would be pretty much
unacceptable for a multiplexed-signal implementation.
Ok, I was afraid so.

I think we'll need to replace the proposed bitmask with an array of
sig_atomic_t flags then, and do without locking.

Thanks! I updated the patch so (based on signal_handling_v2-heikki-1.patch).

Thank you. Looks good to me, committed with minor changes.

--
  Heikki Linnakangas